"Why are all the Disney Cast Members always smiling?"
"How does Disney move so many people around its theme parks and resorts so efficiently?"
"Why can't we be more like Disney?"
If you've ever asked questions like this, then 55 Ways to Add Disney Magic to your Organization may have the answers you are looking for. Pete Blank spent 15 years learning the in's and out's of the Disney theme parks. Now, he works with organizations who want to enhance employee engagement, improve the customer experience, and streamline their business processes.
These 55 chapters contain real life lessons from Disney as well as action items you can implement right away. It is broken down into four simple concepts:
The Magic of Leadership
The Magic of the Employees
The Magic of the Customer Experience
The Magic of Successful Business Processes
It does not matter if you are the CEO, middle management, a front-end supervisor, or an employee on the front lines. This book is a comprehensive guide to create a thriving environment within your own organization.
In the end, it’s all about applying just the right amount of Disney Magic.
"Pete Blank has written a gem of a book that is a great daily dose (short digestible leadership lessons) of incredible leadership Magic for any leader to be able to translate Disney's magic into their specific organization. Pete gives 55 ways in which you can improve leadership, customer service, and business processes by adding the "magic" of Disney to your organization. No leadership library should be without this book! Get yourself two copies today...one for yourself and one for a friend in leadership; or better yet, buy one for everyone on your team and go through it together!"
Pete Blank knocks it out of the park with this one! Super solid advice that you can implement right away without any headaches. The book offers some great advice and examples and then provides action items to put that info to work. This book will give you a lot of return on your time for reading it. There is also a lot of neat peeks behind the Disney curtain that keep you engaged.
It’s fast paced, practical, and fun to read. highly recommend this one! "
"I saw Pete speak at a remodelers conference in Milwaukee last year (2019) and he was great. The only downside to his talk was it was too short. In this new book, Pete shares the insights he provided at the conference, as well as many, many more. Face it, there's a lot to learn from the "Disney Way" and author Pete Blank shares the secret to their success in this must read book. Whether you're a new manager or a seasoned pro, these tips will help lead you to success."
In Employee Engagement: Lessons from the Mouse House!, Blank includes real-life stories, provides examples, and illustrates how the famous resort keeps over 50,000 cast members dedicated to their work.
Readers will find many valuable tips, tricks, and techniques scattered throughout the following chapters:
• Engage Them with Employee Development
• Engage Them via Team Building
• Engage Them through Motivation
• Engage Them by Enhancing YOUR Leadership Skills
• Engage Them by Amplifying YOUR Recognition Methods
• Engage Them by Partnering and Building Relationships
The author hopes supervisors, managers, and business owners will use this comprehensive guide to create a thriving environment within their own organizations. In the end, it’s all about applying just the right amount of Disney magic!
- "As a senior leader with more than 30 years of experience in health care, I have read a lot of books and attended a lot of seminars and conferences. What I look for in a business related book is one that will offer me three key things: 1) an author who is rooted in business and leadership - has been there and understands the real world and the real issues; 2) while concepts are based in theory, it is exceptionally strong in application by offering easily implementable ideas and shares actual stories from others - the immediate takeaways are plentiful; and 3) it is entertaining and enjoyable to read."
- "Awesome book. Bought copies for all of the supervisors that work for me. "
- "Every page I turned I had Ah-ha moments that articulated the connection between employee engagement and an effective, happy, and productive workplace. Pete uses real life examples told from the cast member's point of view that are easy to apply to our own experiences. Pete's conversational, yet professional tone, makes this an easy and enjoyable read!"
In Pick Up The Roach! Why Great Leaders do Little Things, Pete explains how a one-time interaction with a dead roach inspired him to become a better leader. From his years at Disney University to his leadership role for local government, this book is a blueprint for all managers who want to be better leaders, and all leaders who want to be EVEN better leaders.
The six legs of the roach makes up the six traits that all successful leaders must do: